Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Spirit


It is the eve of Christmas Eve! I so wanted to say that which is why I am writing on our blog today. :) Almost done with Christmas shopping and ready to head to J Town for the festivities! It has been a lot of fun getting ready for Christmas this year. While we did forgo the decorations at our house (they are already packed so we were not going to unpack it just to pack it up again - there will be enough of that without Christmas decorations)I know our parents' houses will be all aglow with Christmas lights and holiday cheer! I can't wait! We started off this season in a spirit of giving to others and minimizing gift giving for our own family. So far it has been a great experience and I hope it is a tradition that we continue and would encourage everyone else to try it too. We all have so much and there are so many that don't so sometimes you have to stop and reexamine the reason for the season.

We started off the shopping events the day after Thanksgiving - that was a new and fun experience that I would exchange for sleeping in but we did find a lot of bargains and it was fun to do with Mom and Heather. Then we went down to Dietrich to make Christmas swags for our doors and watch Nat'l Lapoon's Christmas Vacation. The next shopping trip was a day of vacation with Nicole. We got so much done and had so much fun! She experienced the dollar store for the first time. Her eyes glazed over and after she verified "so everything in this store is only a dollar?" she was off. Remember in the Grinch when he slithered around the Christmas tree loading everything into his pack, that was Nicole with her cart! It was great! A whole new world has opened up to her and I am sure she will be making many more trips in the years to come. She will never pay $3.50 for streamers or gift wrap again! Savannah your birthday parties will be so much more festive on a dollar store budget!

Then of course I watch Elf every year. Kelly hates that show so I usually watch it on the computer and laugh my head off while he is in the other room watching football. We have to finish shopping and wrap presents tonight and we are off to celebrate tomorrow. Hopefully it won't snow any more. Sunny is coming and we are taking Sonata so that should be fun for all! Can't wait to see our family and share the holiday with them! Looking forward to games and food and the slumber party in front of the tree! Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment