Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New blog!

So everyone is blogging.  All of my little cousins (who are not so little now and today I just found out one of them is a senior in HS!!! and I feel like she should still be 11 - but I digress), my friends, the world.  After pressuring my best friend Nicole into blogging by telling her she was obligated to keep everyone updated on her life and her cute little Savannah if she was going to move to TX, I now feel like I should blog to keep everyone updated on us since we too are moving.  Alas I am not a hypocrite.  If you didn't notice in my profile we are moving to Seattle, WA after almost 12 wonderful years in Boise and for me 31 wonderful years in ID.  My job really has belonged in WA since my former manager left and they replaced her in Bellevue.   Roger, my new manager, has been kind enough to allow me to stay where my home is all this time but times are changing in the world of banking and we now feel like it would be a good time to move where there will be additional opportunities.  Kelly is now considering getting his Doctorate in French so he can teach at the university level and conveniently we can do both in Seattle! We are excited, stressed, nervous, a little sad and overwhelmed.  But did I mention excited - really we are it is just bittersweet.  We do feel like we already have built in friends there and my job so it is not an entire upheaval but we do not have family very close and we have been so lucky in Boise to have so much family around us in the city and a short drive away.  But as I keep telling them now it is a short plane ride away!  And cheap too!  So the move is coming very quickly because if Kelly gets accepted he has to become a resident so we don't have to pay out of state tuition. Right now we are trying to find a house and not fall over every time we hear the price of monthly rent!  Good grief - it makes me want to move to College Station TX with Nicole.  She is showing me mansions they are looking at and I am, as she says, considering asbestos and lead paint 1950s shacks!  We will find one, hopefully soon, until then the packing begins!   I will keep you updated on our little adventure - stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, just talking about you two moving hasn't been quite so real....but now that it is in black & white...it is very real. :( Don't get me wrong, I am excited for you both starting this new adventure. Couldn't you just do it a little closer to home? ;) I am just thrilled that you are not moving to Texas! Your Dad and I are so proud of you both. It seems like just yesterday I was watching you, Kristin, sitting in my lap twirling your hair while I rocked you to sleep. I want so much to just hold on to both of you and not let you go anywhere, but that wouldn't be fair to any of us. We are so blessed to have you as a daughter and Kelly as a son-in-law. I just keep reminding myself that you will only be just a short plane ride away, but somehow it just doesn't quite take all the hurt away. I know that our family has such a close, special realtionship with each other and I treasure that with all my heart. Okay, I have listened to your whole playlist and have sufficiently spilled my guts to the world. We love you both so much.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete