This week is the beginning of March. I decided March was going to be a month of change in some habits. The past few years I think I have given a lot more thought to the things I am exposed to and how they affect my body. Food, chemicals, artificial flavors, preservatives etc. I think ultimately everything "causes cancer" and we can't change what we've been exposed to. And we shouldn't feel guilty about this because maybe that was all we knew. But if we find out something new we can make choices.
So this month I decided I am not buying any canned food. I will only use the remaining cans of whatever I have and see how inconvenient that is. I have read a couple of articles recently that the inside lining of cans start to deteriorate and release BPA into the food contained. I find this BPA controversy to be very interesting. I would like to know how long they have REALLY known it is bad for us. But the research since 2008 continues to show some scary results, esp for babies and kids. I use canned food a lot so it should be interesting. I'm going cold turkey and then will decide what I can and can't live without. My top five canned foods are: tomatoes, beans, el pato, cream of mushroom soup and cream of chicken soup. Not sure what I think about loosing the last three but we'll see. So - goodbye BPA, goodbye can opener, goodbye easy cooking!
I have also committed to not using so many chemicals to clean. I am so tired of cleaning the bathroom and breathing in fumes from cleaning products. I will not give up my Clorox wipes but today I grabbed the baking soda out of the fridge and vinegar out of the laundry room to clean my bathroom and... it... ***SPARKLES***! What I didn't expect is I actually did less scrubbing! I am not buying bathroom cleaner ever again! And the best part is vinegar and baking soda cost nothing compared to bathroom cleaner! Why did I think these simple things wouldn't work before?! Companies have brainwashed us into believing harsh chemicals = clean. Well move over Scrubbing Bubbles, Arm and Hammer is making a comeback!
Why aren't you on pinterest yet???
ReplyDeleteBeen thinking myself about using vinegar as a cleaner..... -Mom
ReplyDeleteN - I don't know...cause I don't get it...I just looked at yours. :) I accidentally clicked on some dresses. I really like the grey one! it would look super cute on you! Also the wedding group reminded me of the cutest wedding pic I saw the other day - flower girls holding a gold frame looking down through it and the couple in the background kissing. View of them is through the frame. SO CUTE! We need to talk! What are you doing this weekend?
ReplyDeleteM - do it! You will love it! :)
Thanks for posting comments! Makes me feel good people are reading. I was starting to wonder if comments were blocked and I didn't know.
A whole lotta nuthin'. It's super duper rainy here in aggieland. Send me a text and we will skype or talk. loves, nic
ReplyDelete