Monday, March 12, 2012
Update on 2 Things
So it's been one week since I started "no canned food March" and so far it's going pretty well. I have used two items from my pantry - tomato sauce and the rest of a can of el pato in the fridge. I went grocery shopping today and became one of those people that just shop on the parameter of the store! Aside from detergent, tissue, a bottle of ceasar dressing and some chips, my cart was filled with fresh items. Yay Mower grocery list! I did however make one sad discovery of an item I failed to list on "top canned food items" - black olives...Every other kind comes in glass jars but not black. Bummer. Ultimately I know there are going to be things in cans I can't get away from and that's ok but I can make some conscious changes. In the mean time at least for the month of March, I am decreasing the BPA in our bodies by 50-70% according to one study which means less "hormone-like" products affecting our bodies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment